Every year it feels like we’re the last bloggers in blogland to get our gift guide (is it just me or are they coming out earlier and earlier?!), but here it is! We’re only posting one post with three categories (adults, kids, and under $25), so here it is. We love to include small makers and black owned businesses as well as some tried and true items from larger companies that we’ve bought and love (like a favorite book, family game, etc), so let’s get into it .
Gifts for adults
This is what we love, either first-hand items that we’ve bought and enjoyed, things we get for friends and family, or items we hope to find under the tree ourselves (hint, hint John).
- This rose gold birthstone rings feel so special and her reviews are amazing ($50)
- I want this Shirt “Distracted by plants” & know 7 friends who want it too ($14)
- Oprah puts this chic Linen Wireless Charger on her favorite. things list. Sold! ($40)
- i own this crystal suncatcher. It’s a rainbow-making work of art ($34)
- So in with this one heavenly charm necklaces by one of my fav. creators ($36)
- Nedra Tawwab’s Set boundaries, find peace is so great to read ($18)
- This set of 2 ceramics rainbow wind chimes are like a smile for your garden ($84)
- A wooden engraved watch feels so brave and personal ($41+)
- I bought this and love it small crossbody bag (so many colors! $70)
- This one personalized wood recipe folder becomes a family heirloom ($25+)
- Weird flex but I love it this sunscreen so bad i want more in my stocking ($34)
- This one Bluetooth Speaker is our favorite beach music player (lots of colors! $33)
- John’s favorite 2021 read, Home before dark is for fans of ghost stories & The Haunting Of Hill House.
- I personally own this Fitbit Luxury and I LUXURY IT. Jk, but I love it ($100)
- I have at least 2 brothers in law who would love this kit to make hot sauce ($53)
- My favourite steamer ($60) and cloth shaver ($12) makes my life easier! Practical gifts for the win.
- This one monogram clutch feels personal and is available in many colors ($39)
- I personally have a lot Helobirdie Prints and they are beautiful. ($26)
- i own this reversible carrying case (brown/black) & it goes with everything! ($45)
- Look how sweet this one personalized wooden dog ornaments are ($15)
Gifts for children
Here are a ton of ideas for the little ones in your life. Many of these we own and keep for ourselves – whether they are items we buy for our children or are considering for other little friends and cousins.
- Our son loved this recently rock painting set. Great rainy day activity! ($15)
- 50 Adventures in 50 States is beautiful and packed with fun facts ($14)
- We own & love this surfer beach toys. The waves “surf” it back to you! ($25)
- We gave our children What are you doing meme? Family Edition last year and since then it’s a favorite ($20)
- This one popper wallet pops, carries gear and is hamburger shaped. Win-win-win. ($9)
- The Shashibo Fidget Cube is a shape-shifting magnetic box that our son played with forever at a friend’s house! So Grammy is getting one this year ($25)
- Kids can put this together DIY Kaleidoscope Kit and then put different things in the viewfinder to see what shapes and patterns they make ($45)
- Our kids love buildzi & it’s from the makers of Tenzi – another favorite of ours ($28)
- Tween me would have loved this personalized neon sign so much ($30)
- this African swaddle blankets are just beautiful ($22)
- This one Dogs with jobs puzzle is hilarious and fun ($14)
- I love this one HarperIman dolls for years. Beautiful & soft. ($35)
- We got our kids this ladder golf set after playing it for hours at a friend’s house. The “golf balls” are made of rubber, so you don’t have to worry as much about heads and windows ($29)
- I read Clothing coded and loved it. Great for 7-9th graders and parents ($15)
- Our kids are making videos in the pool and golf with this underwater camera ($66)
- Our daughter gets this cozy 7lb llama-tastic weighted blanket for children ($55)
- This one crochet kit is a fun new craft to learn that ends with a stuffed animal! ($25)
- We bought this one light up slap bracelets for night walks, but the kids make up tons of games with them too. And they are only about $2 each! ($14 for 6)
- We love this series from Alphabet Legends Books highlighting legendary people from all walks of life. Click that link to see all the great categories of legends they have! ($20)
- this cheeky one enamel pet tags destroy us. One says “Let your people call my people” and they even have a burger! ($28)
Gifts under $25
This is my favorite category every year because you know I love a deal — and so many of these things still feel special and personal. There are even a few items under $10 that would make great stocking stuffers, neighbor gifts, or white elephant ideas.
- this sweet soy bow candles are only $9 each! I think I’m in love.
- We own this $9 two-pack of soft airPod cases to distinguish mine from Johns. There are tons of color combinations and they cost less than $5 each!
- i own this dots planter ($22) – combine it with a hard to kill plant ($16)
- This one monogram necklace is only $20 and feels so delicate and personal.
- Is this $14 Mug “Spreadsheet” a John gift or what?! Their store has a ton of options and designs.
- We own and love this $10 s’mores roasting sticks set & friends always ask us where we got them from (they are reusable & retractable!)
- We ordered this $20 ten-pack of color flame packs to brighten up our campfire evenings with magical colors.
- I love my disco ball for the nice reflections and these colors are so good! ($18)
- This $16 gold earrings are beautiful and this little shop has rave reviews.
- I bought this $10 window sticker for making rainbow & love it. HUGE RAINBOWS!
- This $12 “Too Peopley Outside” mug is for those boneless days. Fill it with candy or hot chocolate for extra credit.
- For under $20 you can turn a furry friend into a very beautiful fantasy custom renaissance pet portrait.
- I read People we meet on vacation & loved it. Light & Easy & I LOLed ($10)
- We own & love a Magic Puzzle – it shifts form to a 2nd design! ($20)
- “That’s What She Said” game ($25) is a fun addition to a game night for fans of Cards Against Humanity
- This one gold coin necklaces are so beautiful and many of them are only $23!
- This $19″tea shirt” t-shirt would be perfect for my friend Albie 😉
- I bought this $25 Bernie felt ornament and it makes me laugh every time I see it.
- I own and love some of these $20 Jar Candles (any scent is great and they last a long time!)
- This $14 Turkish towels come in tons of colors and feel like a vacation!
Psst – To see last year’s listings, many of which are still linked and for sale, click here – and to check out our Black-owned business roundup (which has over 500 highly recommended stores!) click here.
*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through some of the links on our site at no extra cost to you.