We live in the age of the chatbot boom. They have already taken over major marketing activities that are time consuming and tedious for human employees. Today, chatbots effectively run social media campaigns, send bulk emails and share content on Facebook Messenger without any human oversight.
This chatbot trend is increasingly visible on most eCommerce platforms such as Shopify and WooCommerce. The advantage of using WooCommerce chatbots is that they are available 24/7 and filter out the mundane conventional questions that would otherwise hold up the support agents’ time.
For those who are new to WooCommerce or planning to start an online store but don’t know “how”, we briefly explained more about WooCommerce and why WooCommerce chatbots are beneficial for your eCommerce store.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is not a standalone site builder. Instead, WooCommerce is an open source WordPress plugin. Since it is an open source plugin, it is FREE to install and use. WooCommerce basically transforms your simple WordPress site into a fully featured eCommerce site.
It helps you sell products and services from your WordPress site. You can also add multiple add-ons to extend the functionality of your site as needed. Likewise, WooCommerce chatbots can add real value to your eCommerce stores because they –
- Can attract more potential customers and convert them into leads
- Can handle multiple clients together without slowing down or hindering the user experience.
- Provide personalized recommendations to users and price checks for loyal customers
- Improves customer-brand interaction by providing them with product suggestions taking into account their requirements.
Integrate WooCommerce Chatbot into your eCommerce store with BotMyWork
To add a WooCommerce chatbot to your eCommerce website, you need to follow the steps which are divided into 2 sections.
- To get started, create an account at apps.botmywork.com using your existing Facebook account. (PS. – Don’t worry about your data. It’s safe with us)
- Once you have logged in, the first screen that appears next offers you the option to create a new bot. Select the “Create a new bot” option. Add a name to your bot. And link it to your Facebook page before going one step further.
Please note that not syncing the bot with the Facebook page may lead to errors and defective functionality of the bot.
- The next step is to design the workflows for your bot. These workflows are the series of messages shared with the user during a conversation with the bot. To start creating a workflow, select the “Stories” option from the side menu, followed by the “Create New Group” option under the welcome area.
- Once your new group is created, rename it to WooCommerce. The next step is to add a workflow to the group. Further rename the added flow in the group as “Input” via the field options available in the top right corner.
- To create a welcome message, select the “Text” option in the carousel. Then a text box will appear. Type your welcome message in the text box. A welcome message is the first text shared by the chatbot with the user when he/she accepts the request to connect to the chatbot.
- Once your welcome message has been created, click the “New Attribute” option to add an attribute to your flow. An attribute segments the users based on their source. For example, if you have 2 websites and have added your bot to both, then attributes will allow you to determine which user comes from which website.
- Add WooCommerce chat in the attribute value field after selecting the “Input” attribute.
- Once you are done with the attributes, go to the “Plugins” option in the side menu and click the “Create” button in the top right corner.
- Since you select the Create option, you will see many more options appear on your screen. Select the “Customer Chat” option and rename it to WooCommerce Chat Widget. Click Create.
- Here you just need to choose your follow-up message, in this case Entry. Add your domain name and copy the code you see on the screen.
- The next step is to add this code to your WooCommerce store page where you need to display the widget. (The next section will walk you through the process of adding the code to your WooCommerce store.)
- Log in to your WooCommerce website.
- Go to the ‘Appearance’ section in the menu on the left.
- In the Appearance section, go to “Widgets”. Select the “Custom HTML” option and select the file you want to edit.
- Select the section where you want to add the Chatbot widget. For example, select “Footer Column 1”.
Voila! Your WooCommerce Chatbot has been successfully integrated with your WooCommerce store.
The last thoughts!
WooCommerce is a robust platform that has been serving its customers for over a decade. WooCommerce is very convenient and fully functional to use with a wide range of plugins available to extend functionality. However, having a WooCommerce chatbot is like the icing on the cake. It will make your WooCommerce store run smoother and save you time, effort and resources that were needed before.
So why wait?
Get your WooCommerce Chatbot integrated with your WooCommerce store today with BotMyWork Chatbot Builder!
Doubts, questions or suggestions? Drop it in the comment section below.
A chatbot builder that’s FREE FOREVER?
Yes, you read that right. BotMyWork Chatbot Builder is FREE to use the platform to build a chatbot. Just connect your Facebook page and charge your business with Facebook Marketing.