We have a vacancy to share from a member of the GEM, new western: a Senior Integration and Automation Engineer. Founded in 2008, New Western Acquisitions is a marketplace for off-market home investment.
Our vision is to provide industry-leading, modern and transformational tools that allow our business to scale and expand easily into new market/product offerings, while providing convenience and optionality to our market. We are looking for a talented integration and automation engineer to join our established but fast growing company, working on a wide range of automation and integration projects in close collaboration with business leaders, data scientists, product managers and software developers. This position will be highly visible to Executive Leadership and you will have the opportunity to be a key player in transforming and developing a modern full cloud stack including Salesforce, Snowflake, Workato, Tableau and AWS.
The Integration and Automation Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining system integrations, business process automation, and ETL/ELT data pipelines on the Workato cloud platform. In this role you will work with different business leaders to identify, map, design and implement various automations of business processes. In addition, you will work closely with other engineers and developers to implement a REST API-based integration layer that simplifies and streamlines cloud-based systems and microservice integrations. And finally, you’ll work with data engineers and data scientists to develop and manage ETL/ELT data ingestion integrations with our Snowflake data environment.
What you will do:
- This is a brand new platform extension. As such, you are the key leader leading the way as we build the full Workato platform to help us meet the needs of our aggressive technology and business strategy.
- Collaborate with multiple business stakeholders to identify different business process automation opportunities. Skills in mapping and optimizing processes are mandatory. Communication and facilitation skills are needed to navigate between “this is how we do it currently” versus “this is how it could be”.
- Work with product management and various developers to optimize system and microservice integrations through a REST API strategy.
- Work with data engineers and scientists to develop, manage and fine-tune data integrations to/from our Snowflake data environment.
- Oversee, secure, manage and manage the Workato integration platform.
- BS or MS in a technical field: Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of professional experience working with process automation and integration tools (Workato experience preferred; experience with Zapier, Flow, Boomi, Tray.io, UiPath, Automate, Alteryx, Talend, Fivetran are acceptable)
- Architect-level experience in designing and implementing API-led microservices
- Experience with business systems including Salesforce Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Snowflake, HubSpot, Jira and GitHub is a plus
- A strong architectural mindset, self-starting initiative and a drive for completion
- Strong communication, writing, presentation, process maps and interpersonal skills