So you make it to the final application round and the hiring manager offers you the job. Before accepting that job offer, there is one thing you need to do to make sure you make the right career decision.
What to do before accepting a job offer
@jtodonnell Reply to @nataliemae.loves NEVER ACCEPT A JOB UNTIL THIS YOU #careertiktok #career advice #job seekers #joblife #Looking for work #worktips #job offer #work ♬ Good As Hell – Lizzo
If you’re at the end of an interview and it’s clear that the employer is interested in you and likely to offer you the job, don’t accept the job until you’ve done your homework.
For starters, there are sites like Glass door and comparable who do a lot of research and receive anonymous reviews so you can find out what’s going on at the company. You want to work for companies with at least 3.5 stars or higher. But more importantly, at some point in the interview you can (and should) say, “I’d like to talk to a coworker. I’d like to talk to someone who would be my peer.”
When you meet a potential co-worker, ask them these questions:
- What made you decide to work here?
- What do you like most about working here?
- What do you think it takes to be successful here?
- What advice would you have liked to have received before you started working here?
- What are the things you would like to know when you took the job versus now?
Find a way to ask these questions with enthusiasm and a smile on your face. And the way they react will tell you everything. If they’re tight-lipped, looking down and barely reacting, that’s a red flag. That is a sign that you should not accept the job offer.
Are you having trouble getting hired?
If you’re looking for a job but can’t seem to get hired, you’re not alone. Getting a job offer is difficult, especially in a competitive job market. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Sign up for a Work It Daily Membership today and get access to personal career coaching, resume and cover letter reviews, online tutorials and unlimited networking opportunities – all in your back pocket!
Here’s a closer look at what we offer:
- 15+ course library
- resume templates
- Cover Letter Templates
- LinkedIn profile optimization course
- Attend live events for free
- Access to our unique community
- 1-on-1 private message career coaching
- Unlimited CV, Cover Letter & LinkedIn Reviews
- 30 minutes. coaching call per month
Interested? Sign up today for a FREE 3 day trial!
From your site articles
Related articles on the internet